P.M. Blood Glucose:
We just didn't feel like it, Mom and me, punching fingers, binding wrists, probing mouths, taking stats, so we started the vacation on Wednesday, 8/28/08, and, day by day, managed to take almost a week off.
I'm going to record a few things here, just to get them down.
Have been regular, easy to discharge, sometimes a bit soft but overall good consistency. At the Hospice RN's suggestion, I've started giving her 6-8 oz (we built up from 6 to 8 over the last six days) prune juice. I give it to her in the evening. This is to try to keep from giving her Phillip's Milk of Magnesia, which the RN described as "one of the big guns". I don't like giving her as much Phillip's as I've been giving her, lately, either. It makes her feet swell a bit. The feet swelling has gone down and she is eliminating regularly, so the prune juice seems to be a good thing.
A couple of times over the past six days I've given her 325 mg acetaminophen for stiffness and right knee "iffiness". Otherwise, there have been no changes.
- Since Saturday, when I went to Costco, she's had a danish for breakfast, instead of orange juice and toast, every morning. I've been putting her Benefiber in a cup of coffee with breakfast instead of in her orange juice. I assume her blood glucose has been running high in the evening, but I can't tell, from her behavior or her body, that this is affecting her.
- Some of the dinners I remember:
- Last night we had chili dogs on bolillo rolls and lemon meringue pie.
- Saturday night we had Costco chicken Parmesan; brocolli with Greek feta dressing; lemon meringue pie.
- Friday we had Carl's Jr. Bacon Guacamole burgers with onion rings.
- Thursday night we had roast chicken with rice and dressed brocolli and German Chocolate cake ice cream.
- Wednesday night we had home made hamburgers with home pickled beets (no sugar) and German Chocolate Cake ice cream.
- All in all, hearty meals, twice a day, dessert of some kind almost every night.
I expect I'll start statting again tomorrow, since tomorrow is another RN visit. It would probably be a good idea to see how she's doing...and maybe get back to the routine again.
Okay, so I started to get back into the swing of things and took one stat today.